So, here’s another cross-post from Vermont Vigilance:
Tomorrow is America’s 237th birthday. I mean, its 208th 29th birthday! (Lookin’ good, America!)
To celebrate, why not join your fellow Americans in protesting the government’s callous disregard for the Fourth Amendment — the one that protects you against “unreasonable searches and seizures”.
There will be a coordinated set of protests nationwide rallying under the banner “Restore the Fourth”. As of now, there are sixty of them, so there is probably one near you. To find your local rally, go to this site: http://www.restorethefourth.net/
Via reddit, here is a list of other things you can do to get involved and make a difference:
- Call your senators and congressmen and tell them how you feel in a polite, courteous way. Phone calls are one of the most effective ways to pressure Congress, second only to in-person meetings. This number will connect you – all you need is a zip code. 1-STOP-323-NSA (1-786-732-3672)
- Use the EFF’s “Demand Answers Now” template to email your representatives (In the U.S.)
- Use the EFF’s “Demand Accountability”(International)
- Join the Stop Watching Us Petition
- Learn more about these issues. Do your own research. Read a variety of articles. Educate yourself on these important developments.